Welcome to the FMG Horticultural Help Desk
If you need help with your gardening questions - please contact us in any of the following ways-
- Visit with us when we are in the community - watch for the Fluvanna Master Gardeners Help Desk -
- at the Fluvanna Public Library in Palmyra Tuesdays, 2 - 5 pm, from April through October
- and at public events like Earth Day celebrations in April, FMG Plant Sale on the first Saturday in May, at the Fluvanna County Fair and Old Farm Day.
Next Help Desk DatesNo events planned at this time.
- Use our Forum for Frequently Asked Questions - the Knowledge Base contains answers to a number of common gardening questions and includes a search function. Type your topic in the search bar OR click on the frequently asked question you are interested in (be sure to click on additional articles in individual sections) OR click on Contact Help Desk located directly under the search bar.
- Click Here to complete our Help Desk Contact Form. A Master Gardener will reply within two to three weeks.
- Call or stop in at the Fluvanna VCE Office: VCE-Fluvanna Unit, 5725 James Madison Highway, Fork Union, VA 23055. Phone (434) 591-1950. It is best to call before you go as staff may be out and about in the county. You may also pick up soil testing kits there or Click Here to complete our Help Desk Contact Form.
- If you wish to send a plant or insect sample to the VT Plant Clinic, you must follow the instructions Virginia Tech has provided regarding sample submissions. Failure to follow VT Instructions may prevent the Clinic from processing your submission.
- Click Here for VT Instructions for Submitting Plant Samples
Thank you for visiting our website and Happy Gardening!