Master Gardening Sites
- Virginia Master Gardener Association
- Virginia Master Gardener Program
- Virginia Master Gardener Program Newsletters
Educational Resources and Programs:
Virginia Tech/VCE Website –
check here FIRST for Help Desk info requests – to search -
http://www.ext.vt.edu/ then click on Lawn and Garden
Pest Management Guide: Home Grounds and Animals 2012 -
THE source for Master Gardener pest management recommendations -
- Identification of Insects and Mites at Virginia Tech
- Insect Identification Laboratory at Virginia Tech
- What’s That Bug?
- Virginia Tech Pesticide Programs
- Weed Identification – Illinois – Council on Food and Agriculture Research
- N.J. Weed Gallery: N.J. Weed Gallery Thumbnail Images – Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- Identification: Weed Photo Gallery – University of California – Statewide Integrated Pest Management Program
- Seed Germination Database
- Images of Seedpods, Seeds and Seedlings
- Articles about seeds and seed starting
VT Plant Clinic - Insect ID, Weed ID, etc.
Piedmont Virginia Native Plant Database (interactive) - http://www.albemarle.org/nativeplants/
Deer Resistant Plants
- Get the Dirt on Tetanus
The 2005 Power of 10 pamphlet provides consumers with an overview of the dangers of tetanus (and diphtheria) and includes myths about tetanus to help foster an informed dialogue between consumers and health care professionals.
- 2008 Virginia Biological Farming Conference – Conference Podcasts
This page contains a list of podcasts of presentations given at the 2008 Virginia Biological Farming Conference, February 15 & 16, at the Sheraton Richmond West Hotel in Richmond, VA. This event was sponsored by VABF and Virginia Cooperative Extension.
- Lake Health Education Here you can read the documents published by Lake Monticello Owners’ Association regarding the lake’s health.