Note: Application deadline was April 30, 2016. The application process is now closed. Results will be announced in the near future. The Fluvanna Master Gardeners and the Fluvanna VCE announce the availability of a $500 Horticultural Scholarship … [Continue Reading]
---------- Forwarded message ----------From: Parkhurst, Jim <email@example.com> Date: Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 11:07 AMSubject: Roll-out of the new VA Wildlife Conflict HotlineTo: VCE-ANR@listserv.vt.edu Colleagues: After about 12-15 years of … [Continue Reading]
We are a local chapter of the Virginia Master Gardeners Association.
Virginia Cooperative Extension Master Gardeners (VCE-MGs) are volunteers working in partnership with the Virginia Cooperative Extension to encourage and promote environmentally sound horticulture practices in the community through sustainable landscape management. VCE-MGs play a vital role in educating and reaching out to their local community. Each Master Gardener contributes at least 20 service hours per year in addition to completing 8 hours of continuing education.
Master Gardeners help the Extension Service solve gardening problems and teach environmentally sound practices by:
- Working in information booths at community events and fairs
- Maintaining demonstration gardens
- Answering garden questions at plant clinics
- Teaching horticulture to beginning gardeners and youth
- Using special talents, such as writing and photography, to benefit the program.
- Trail Day at Fighting Creek Park in Powhatan May 21 from 9 am to 1 pm
- Walter Hussey awarded the Governor’s Adult Volunteer Award
- Updated Mosquito Fact Sheet
- Jefferson Chapter of the Virginia Native Plant Society May 1 – Annual Native Plant Sale
- Virginia Garden Week April 23 through 30, 2016
- Heritage Harvest Festival at Monticello, September 10, 2016
- $500 Horticultural Scholarship – Application Deadline April 30
- Vegetable Garden Lecture March 19 at 10 am at Fluvanna Library and Welcome Meeting at Community Garden at 12:30 pm
- Backyard Gardening – Free Workshops open to the Public in April 2016 in Louisa County
- GPMGA 2016 “Success with Herbs”
- April 23 Goochland-Powhatan Master Gardeners Spring Garden Fest registration is now open
- Viginia Cooperative Extension E-books
- Piedmont Landscape Association Seminar Feb 17, 2016
- Shenandoah Valley Plant Symposium March 18, 2016 – Registration extended Thru March 15.
- Tomatoes in Trouble – VT Article