Hi, Gardeners - Are you frustrated because you have a less than ideal garden spot to grow your favorite vegetables and flowers? Do you suffer from not enough sun? or lack a deer fence? Well, suffer no more - here is your chance to rent your very … [Continue Reading]
---------- Forwarded message ----------From: Parkhurst, Jim <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 11:07 AMSubject: Roll-out of the new VA Wildlife Conflict HotlineTo: VCE-ANR@listserv.vt.edu Colleagues: After about 12-15 years of … [Continue Reading]
We are very pleased to announce the posting of a new Fluvanna Master Gardener and VCE/VT educational publication entitled "Deer: A Garden Pest". Click here to read to publication. If you have any trouble accessing the document, please … [Continue Reading]
We are a local chapter of the Virginia Master Gardeners Association.
Virginia Cooperative Extension Master Gardeners (VCE-MGs) are volunteers working in partnership with the Virginia Cooperative Extension to encourage and promote environmentally sound horticulture practices in the community through sustainable landscape management. VCE-MGs play a vital role in educating and reaching out to their local community. Each Master Gardener contributes at least 20 service hours per year in addition to completing 8 hours of continuing education.
Master Gardeners help the Extension Service solve gardening problems and teach environmentally sound practices by:
- Working in information booths at community events and fairs
- Maintaining demonstration gardens
- Answering garden questions at plant clinics
- Teaching horticulture to beginning gardeners and youth
- Using special talents, such as writing and photography, to benefit the program.
- Explore Backyard Gardening, Saturdays in March 2015 – Central Virginia Master Gardeners
- Bats, Birds, Butterflies and Bees: Pollinators in Peril, Wed March 11, 2015
- Master Gardener Training Class for Tues Feb 17, 2015 – CANCELLED
- Herbs Galore and More at Maymont in Richmond VA April 25, 2015
- Shenandoah Valley Plant Symposium – March 20, 2015
- Interested in a garden plot at Pleasant Grove?
- Vegetable Planting Guide -VCE Publication
- Master Naturalist Training – Information Sessions and Registration Deadline
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation Newsletter – Fall 2014
- Master Gardener Training Class February 17, 2015 CANCELLED -
- Native Plants in Virginia – Resources
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation Newsletter – Virginia Update Summer 2014
- Alert from VT re late blight in Virginia – tomato and potato growers
- Horticultural Help Desk at additional sites this Summer and Fall
- May 15 Celebration of new Fluvanna Master Gardeners — change in venue