Check out our NEW Help Desk Forum! Click on Help Desk tab at top right of any page of our FMG website.
Our new Help Desk Forum includes a Knowledge Base, Search function and link to our Contact form if you need more information or have questions. Click on Help Desk tab at top right of any page of our FMG website. Since this … [Continue Reading]
Hi, Gardeners - Are you frustrated because you have a less than ideal garden spot to grow your favorite vegetables and flowers? Do you suffer from not enough sun? or lack a deer fence? Well, suffer no more - here is your chance to rent your very … [Continue Reading]
The Fluvanna Master Gardeners will be holding the Horticultural Help Desk at the following sites in 2015: NOTE - In case of inclement weather (high heat, thunderstorms, etc.), the Help Desk at the Pleasant Grove Farmers' … [Continue Reading]
---------- Forwarded message ----------From: Parkhurst, Jim <email@example.com> Date: Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 11:07 AMSubject: Roll-out of the new VA Wildlife Conflict HotlineTo: VCE-ANR@listserv.vt.edu Colleagues: After about 12-15 years of … [Continue Reading]
We are very pleased to announce the posting of a new Fluvanna Master Gardener and VCE/VT educational publication entitled "Deer: A Garden Pest". Click here to read to publication. If you have any trouble accessing the document, please … [Continue Reading]
We are a local chapter of the Virginia Master Gardeners Association.
Virginia Cooperative Extension Master Gardeners (VCE-MGs) are volunteers working in partnership with the Virginia Cooperative Extension to encourage and promote environmentally sound horticulture practices in the community through sustainable landscape management. VCE-MGs play a vital role in educating and reaching out to their local community. Each Master Gardener contributes at least 20 service hours per year in addition to completing 8 hours of continuing education.
Master Gardeners help the Extension Service solve gardening problems and teach environmentally sound practices by:
- Working in information booths at community events and fairs
- Maintaining demonstration gardens
- Answering garden questions at plant clinics
- Teaching horticulture to beginning gardeners and youth
- Using special talents, such as writing and photography, to benefit the program.
- FMG Annual Plant Sale May 2, 2015 from 9 am to Noon – RAIN or SHINE!
- Native Plants of Virginia – Resources – NEW FMG webpage
- Native Plant Sale Sunday April 26, 2015 from 1 to 3 pm, Charlottesville
- Through the Garden Gate 2015 – Sponsored by Piedmont Master Gardeners
- Raised Beds Workshop – free to the Fluvanna Community – Sat. April 18, 2015 at 10 am; rain date 4/19 at 3 pm
- Check out our NEW Help Desk Forum! Click on Help Desk tab at top right of any page of our FMG website.
- Volunteer Opportunities Fair in Fluvanna on Sat. March 21 from 10 am to 2 pm
- Historic Garden Week in Virginia – April 18 – 25, 2015 sponsored by Garden Club of VA
- Explore Backyard Gardening, Saturdays in March 2015 – Central Virginia Master Gardeners
- Bats, Birds, Butterflies and Bees: Pollinators in Peril, Wed March 11, 2015
- Master Gardener Training Class for Tues Feb 17, 2015 – CANCELLED
- Herbs Galore and More at Maymont in Richmond VA April 25, 2015
- Shenandoah Valley Plant Symposium – March 20, 2015
- Interested in a garden plot at Pleasant Grove? Apply NOW!!
- Vegetable Planting Guide -VCE Publication